Here to Help: Communicating During a Crisis
As COVID-19 has closed many schools across the country, we stand in awe of the dedication shown by our partner teachers, administrators, and staff. Specifically, even though schools are technically closed, we’re seeing communications at 300% of typical levels. That says a lot about your dedication to your students.
As you are on the front lines of this ‘new normal’, we stand ready to support you in any way possible.
Here are some quick tips for using SchoolStatus to reach every parent:
- Make 1:1 phone calls to parents to discuss their students’ educational needs.
- Send 1:1 text messages to parents to stay up-to-date on students’ progress.
- Send group or course broadcast messages to parents to keep them in the loop on assignments and announcements.
- Send course emails to parents when you want to send larger amounts of information.
- Set your availability and allow incoming call return on your account so parents can reach you by phone when it’s convenient for you.
- Use SchoolStatus Mobile on iPhone or Android to communicate with parents when you aren’t at a computer.
- Visit our Learning Lab for instructional courses on using all aspects of SchoolStatus.
We’ve created a special webinar dealing specifically with using SchoolStatus to communicate during the COVID-19 shutdown. You can access a recording of that here: WEBINAR: Communicating During COVID-19
A final note: even while our team works from home, SchoolStatus also has support available to you 24/7 (though you might hear the occasional child or pet in the background).
If you have questions, problems, or suggestions, we want to know. Call us at 1-855-9-STATUS, email us by replying, or chat with us within SchoolStatus by clicking on Help on the bottom right of the screen.
Standing ready to serve you,
Russ Davis, Founder & CEO